Skip to Content

Resources for Applicants and School Counselors

The Office of Admission is pleased that you or someone you know is considering the University of Mount Union! This page provides more information on how applicants and school counselors can ensure application materials are properly submitted to the Office of Admission. Please review the list of required materials for first-time students, transfer students, and international students.

  1. Application for Admission

    Submit the online Application for Admission. We begin processing applications for each upcoming academic year on September 15. We strongly advise interested students to apply as early as possible. There is no application fee to apply for admission to Mount Union.

    If you've already submitted your application, you can check your application status at anytime.

  2. Application Essay

    View the application essay instructions, which include prompts, and complete your submission. You may upload your application essay as a Word or PDF document when submitting the online application. You may also submit your essay through the mail, fax or email. 

  3. Official Transcript(s)

    All transcripts must be official and forwarded to the University of Mount Union directly from the issuing academic institution using one of the following methods:

    Electronic Document Delivery 
    Mount Union only accepts electronic documents that come from legitimate sending institutions and through the following delivery services: Naviance, Parchment Exchange, eScrip-Safe, or The Office of Admission will only evaluate electronic documents sent through these recognized services. If prompted for a delivery email address, should be used in order for Mount Union to retrieve the electronic documents and use them as acceptable credentials.

    Official transcripts may be mailed from the issuing academic institution directly to the University of Mount Union, Office of Admission, 1972 Clark Ave., Alliance, OH 44601.

  4. ACT/SAT Test Scores

    First-year applicants are required to submit official test results from either the ACT or SAT-I. Your scores may be reported directly to the University of Mount Union from either the testing agency, or, or an official document from your high school (see acceptable delivery methods under Official Transcrip(s)). Talk with your school counselor for more details on test dates, registration, and score submission. 

  5. Counselor and Reference Forms

    Transfer students must request a Dean's Evaluation Form in order to be considered for acceptance at the University of Mount Union. This form must be submitted from your most recently attended institution. The Office of Admission reserves the right to require a Dean's Evaluation Form from any previously attended institution. If past or pending disciplinary issues are evident, we will also require a Dean's Evaluation Form from every institution at which the student was enrolled.